What is WellnessHubNOVA.com?
WellnessHubNova.com (Wellness Hub LLC) is your online holistic health resource. This is the place to be to learn about alternatives to conventional medicine. We share information about a variety of healthy lifestyle and self-care topics and feature the best local holistic practitioners on our blog, Facebook live interviews, workshops, events. NOVA stands for Northern Virginia. Our Wellness directory of practitioners currently serves the Northern Virginia and Washington, DC metro area.
Hub – a community where consumers and practitioners come together to share information and experiences with each other; bringing word-of-mouth recommendations online in one place.
We feature various wellness authors and local holistic practitioners and their unique philosophies, approaches, and services.
You are in the right place if you:
- Are interested in learning about natural and holistic alternatives for body, mind, and spirit
- Take responsibility for your health and wellness. (You are the CEO of your health and happiness!)
- Are interested in improving your own self-care
- Are looking for information and resources to assist you on your wellness journey
- Are looking for local service providers for alternative, holistic, and integrative health and wellness services
- Are interested in joining our local alternative, holistic and integrative wellness community
What is Holistic Health?
Holistic healthcare is a diverse field of healing techniques and therapies that address the whole person – body, mind, and spirit. Holistic medicine seeks to correct physical, emotional, and spiritual imbalances – as well as energy blocks and stagnation – that negatively affect overall health and wellbeing.
Some of the principles include:
- A belief that all people have innate healing powers
- A recognition of the interconnectedness and interdependence of the body, mind, and spirit
- A belief that identifying and treating underlying causes of disease is preferable to treating symptoms alone
- The importance of lifestyle and self-care choices to promote optimal wellness
If this sounds good to you, please join our community…
Simply enter your email address for the latest holistic and integrative health and wellness tips and news.
Wellnesshubnova.com is a wellness lifestyle website.
All information on this website is strictly for informational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.
Who and Why?
My name is Sandra Chaloux (pronounced Shaloo). I’m a Northern Virginia native. I grew up in Fairfax County and now live in Loudoun County. Prior to establishing Wellness Hub LLC, I owned an environmental communications consulting business for 20 years. I’m not a wellness service provider or expert. I see myself as a wellness consumer, consumer advocate, and communicator. I started my own wellness journey in 2010 when I was burned out professionally and personally and began experiencing severe fatigue. I realized it was time to make my own health and wellness a top priority. I was looking for a more natural, holistic, and integrative approach to turn things around. It was difficult and time-consuming to find the information and service providers I needed to help. I have been working with an underactive thyroid, digestive issues, heavy metals toxicity, multiple food sensitivities, not to mention hormonal imbalances. In November 2014, I was diagnosed with Lyme disease. Through my experience, I have worked with a number of wonderful local holistic and integrative service providers and spent countless hours doing research, asking for recommendations, and reading health and wellness books. I don’t claim to have it all figured out but I have a strong sense of purpose to help others find the information and support they need.
I want to share what I am learning and help others to find reliable holistic, alternative, and integrative health and wellness information, resources, and local service providers. We feature wellness practitioners and resource providers in our articles, workshops, and educational material for the wellnesshubnova.com community. I look forward to serving you. Sincerely, Sandra Chaloux
Sandra Chaloux Founder Wellness Hub LLC