In this article, we’ll explore the ancient energy healing modality of Chakra Balancing.
What is a Chakra?
It is a Sanskrit word that means “wheel” and is used to describe 7 different energy centers in the body (located along a vertical line starting at the base of the spine all the way to the top of the head). Each chakra is connected to different aspects of the body, mind and spirit. Energy is the life force that travels through the different energy systems -and not addressed in conventional medicine.
The following is a brief description of each of the 7 main chakras from Kyle Gray’s book Raise Your Vibration. (Sandra loves this book.)
- The root chakra: considered the most important chakra because in most things you have to start from the ground up. It is found at the base of the spine. This space is about our security and survival but also represents the health of our legs and back.
- The sacral chakra: found just below the navel at the tip of the pubic bone, the sacral chakra governs the reproductive system. This energy space is about our ability to flow with life and express our creativity.
- The solar plexus chakra: around the center of the belly, the solar plexus chakra is our “gut instinct” and is known as the brain of the body. This chakra is all about our willpower and ability to achieve and governs the digestive system.
- The heart chakra: At the center of the chest, this energy center is about our capacity to give and receive. It’s about love, generosity and being able to share a loving experience. It affects the heart and upper respiratory system too.
- The throat chakra: Our ability to communicate, be open and express ourselves is governed by this chakra. Not only does it help us speak our truth, but it also has a lot to do with being fully expressive on an emotional level. It affects the thyroid gland, which is essential for our hormonal stability.
- The third eye (brow) chakra: This is the center of intuition and perception on both a physical and non-physical level. It affects our eyes and helps us develop our inner vision too.
- The crown chakra: The most elevated of the traditional chakras, at the crown of the head (or just above) governs our wisdom and connection to the divine.
What is a Chakra Balancing session like?
When combined with Reiki, the session is mostly hands off (within 6 inches of a patient’s body) with only occasional hands-on contact. Most people find these sessions to be intensely relaxing.
Chakra Balancing is an energy healing modality, complimentary alternative medicine, and an important aspect of holistic healthcare. It can be used in conjunction with other treatments and can speed up the healing process and enhance the level of healing. However, reiki and chakra balancing treatments are never intended to completely replace the care received by your primary healthcare provider.
Energy work, like Chakra healing, requires a willingness to change your mindset in order to change old patterns, address fear, and work on issues that often have been rooted in us since childhood.
Chakras are energy stations that can hold negative or positive energy. Each chakra influences the physical (organs, muscles, ligaments, veins, and all other body parts), the mind, and the spirit.
Chakra balancing is a deep healing technique that not only removes stagnant energy but also provides fresh energy to restore balance and well-being.
When a chakra becomes blocked, damaged, or muddied, our physical and emotional health is usually affected. With balanced chakras, you feel relaxed, whole and healthy.
Chakra balancing is the process of restoring a harmonious flow of energy across the chakra system. The effect of well-balanced chakras often translates into a feeling of well-being, relaxation, centeredness, increased vitality and embodiment of oneself.
Many people are energy-depleted because they are not able to hold enough life force energy or “chi”. In this energy condition, you are flushing energy down and away from you, much like a toilet flushes water down.
What causes our energy drain and chakras to get out of balance?
Some of the causes include:
- Financial Insecurity
- Lack of stability, not feeling grounded
- Lack of self-worth, self-esteem,
- Blaming others, victim mentality
- Childhood traumas & birth traumas
- Alcoholism in families
- Death of a loved one
- Physical abuse
- Guilty feelings
- Controlling tendencies, manipulation
- Lack of forgiveness
- Jealousy & bitterness
- Sexual issues, fear of sex, sexual abuse,
- Addictions, obsessions
- Unprocessed emotions and emotional dependency
- Fear of change, fear of speaking the truth, difficult to communicate with others
- Inability to listen
- Rigid religious/spiritual beliefs
What are the benefits of Chakra Balancing?
When your Chakras are open, your physical body and life are healthy, happy and balanced. When there is an imbalance or blockage, there will be a disturbance in your body or life. By healing the energetic centers of your body, your overall health will improve:
- More passion in life
- Better decision-making
- Better sleep
- Reduce stress and pain
- More creativity
- Better problem solving
- Better relationships
How many Chakra balancing sessions will I need?
Every person is different and has different needs so there is no set number of sessions, everyone responds differently. Normally clients may see results after a couple of sessions. For maximum results, it is suggested that clients have at least 4 to 8 sessions and some of my clients come regularly because they understand that energy work is an ongoing process in our everyday life.
Example Success Story
“I asked Lorna to help me with some challenges I had been facing – in particular, issues at work, difficulty making decisions and a lack of willingness to sort through some long-standing personal problems. She performed Reiki for me but also conducted Chakra Balancing in the same session. The results were simply amazing. The Reiki session itself was an eye opener and I could feel that my overall energy was renewed. However, the Chakra Balancing ignited my drive to make some serious positive changes in my life and I have been “on fire” ever since. It is not my goal to fully understand how and why Reiki and Chakra Balancing work – but trust me, they do! I recommend Lorna as highly as possible – she is a true professional, compassionate, caring and her Reiki and Chakra Balancing skills truly must be experienced first-hand.” Bill – McLean, Va.
About Lorna Lenigan
Lorna Lenigan is the owner of Heart Power Wellness. She offers a unique blend of healing therapies including; HearthMath, Reiki, chakra balancing, Arcturian healing light therapy, theta healing, and transcendental meditation.
Here’s her personal story…
“After having my health and career disrupted for the first time in my life, I was forced to re-evaluate the course I was on and to make some major changes. Up to that point, I was working in a field that was not aligned with my desires and I had numerous health problems. Funny how things work out… leaving my District Management job led me to meet people in holistic healthcare and to be able to learn and practice all these powerful ancient wisdom philosophies such as Reiki, Chakra Balancing, Theta Healing, Transcendental Meditation and the science-based Coaching and Mentoring techniques and tools from HeartMath to align the heart and mind intuitive wisdom and intelligence that can help guide each of us in time of adversity and can help us to live healthier, happier, peaceful and more fulfilling lives.
There is something very inspiring about helping others to find their own path, whatever that may be. Life challenges led me to my holistic path and the next step of my growth and transformation. My passion is helping others to help themselves.”
Open your heart ♥️- don’t be afraid to give and receive love
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, we learn from them, it helps us to grow in life. Ask yourself -What can I learn from this experience?
Share this page with your family and friends!