I am really fascinated with Anthony William right now. His first book came out a few years ago and is called Medical Medium. He says his medical knowledge comes from Spirit and is decades ahead of what is known by medical research. He also has a radio show on Hay House radio. I find him very funny and interesting to listen to.
In this blog post, I will summarize some of the insights that Anthony shared in his radio show about ways to protect yourself from the flu.
We often talk about “flu season”, but due to international travel, you can catch the flu any time of the year.
First and foremost, he points out that it is important to try not to get run down and to make sure you get your sleep to protect yourself from getting the flu.
As you may know, there are many different strains of the flu. What you may not know is that flu viruses like to eat other viruses (ie. Ebstein-Barr Virus) and multiply with certain food sources.
He said that bird flu likes to feed off chickens –feeds off the adrenal glands and flesh of the bird.
He said that all flu viruses like chicken. Contrary to what many people believe, he said that the old remedy of chicken soup being good for flu and colds is old folklore. He says it is the garlic, onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, hydration, and mineral salts from the celery that is in the soup that makes people feel better –not the chicken stock. He recommends a healing broth with the vegetables by themselves.
He said that colds don’t really exist anymore –only the flu –different strains of the flu.
He said that everyone reacts differently to the flu. Some get temperatures of 102-104, stomach issues, and sinus congestion, cough, and mucus. The flu often starts when mucus is created, builds up in the lungs and becomes bronchitis (mucus in the chest). The mucus drains at night. Bronchitis turns into pneumonia (bacteria built up). He said that Pneumonia occurs when you are run down, not eating well, beaten down, and zinc deficient. The flu can also start as a sore throat, that turns into a fever, then into a cough in 4-5 days.
Knocking out the Flu
- Liquid Zinc–in the throat at the first sign of the flu –to knock it out.
- Keep your fingers/hands away from your face –don’t rub your eyes
- Take handi-wipes with you on airplane and other public places
- Wash your hands frequently
- Order food in restaurants piping hot (especially during active flu season)
- Avoid foods that feed the flu such as:
- Dairy (milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, ghee, kefir)
- Eggs (if you have something like scrambled eggs put garlic in it to counterbalance it)
Supplements and Other Remedies (You can use the following in smaller doses for children)
- Olive Leaf – can take daily. If you get sick, take a few capsules. Also, helpful for fighting Ebstein-Barr Virus
- Echinacea/GoldenSeal –for Strep/Sinus Infections
- Elderberry Syrup
- Lomatium root –for bronchitis, pneumonia
- Cherrybark Syrup
- Mullein leaf –for the lungs, shingles, Bell’s palsy, flu, bronchitis
- Vitamin C (Ester C) –everyday
- Ginger/Tumeric tea –for flu, cut up hunks of both and simmer it up
- Healing broth – garlic, celery, carrots, asparagus –great for the immune system
- Lemon in your tea
- Rosehips tea – buy in bulk, steeping them, then squeeze lemon in the tea
He said that sore throats aren’t always caused by the flu. A sore throat can be caused by strep. Strep shows up on tests only at the beginning stage. Strep resides in the lymphatic system. Sore throats can also be caused by Ebstein-Barr Virus (EBV/Mono). With EBV, you will experience a sore throat on one side of the throat –left side or right side, but it doesn’t turn into fever and mucus.
Anyway, I hope this is helpful. In closing, I want to share the following mindfulness tip he offered …
“Every day when you go to charge up your cell phone, think to yourself, what did I do for my immune system today to charge it up?”
What are your favorite ways to support your immune system?
Share this page with your family and friends!